[Zope] Apache + Zope + Authentication

thomas@hentschel.net thomas@hentschel.net
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:02:23 -0800 (PST)

On 14 Nov, Erick Mechler wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your help, but I'm still not getting it to work.  Here again is
> the modified version of my httpd.conf:
>
> <Directory "/">
>         Options FollowSymLinks
>         AllowOverride None
>         Order deny,allow
>         Deny from all
>         Options +ExecCGI

not sure if the '+' is the right thing, but I meant that you need a
Options ExecCGI on your cgi-bin directory. Sorry if that wasn't all
clear

>         # allows Apache to pass authentication headers to zope
>         RewriteEngine on
>         RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
>         RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) /export/www/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi$1 \
> [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
> </Directory>
>
> RewriteLog /var/log/apache/rewrite_log
> RewriteLogLevel 9

next time you try, paste the relevant part of your rewrite log. That
normally gives some clues....

> (Note that the two last lines are actually one).
>
> BTW, Thomas, making the changes that you suggested didn't let me go to
> http://my.machine.tld/Zope and access the Zope welcome screen; I got a file not
> found.

well, I hope you substituted your real machine name  :> . Otherwise
this suggests that your rewrite rule still is not working correctly.
See above WRT rewrite_log

> I also neglected to tell you all that I'm running Apache 1.3.9 on Linux 2.2.12
> kernel.

hope you have mod_rewrite etc. configured into it.

If you have an ircII client, hop over to #zope, we might be able to
help you there

-Th