[Zope] Apache + Zope + Authentication

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:19:02 -0500 (EST)

    EM> I am trying to configure mod_rewrite to pass authentication
    EM> information to Zope.  Here is the current state of things:

I think a better approach is to use mod_proxy.  I don't remember who
originally suggested this, but it seems to work very well for us,
especially because my Zope server is on a different machine than my
primary web server.  The main problem is "tricking" Zope to use a
different URL base, but 4am's SiteAccess is supposed to handle this
(haven't tried it yet).

Here are my Apache directives:

  ProxyPass        /Zope/ "http://othermachine.python.org:8080/"
  ProxyPassReverse /Zope/ "http://othermachine.python.org:8080/"

Makes it simple to just run ZServer using the standard configuration.

Enjoy,
-Barry