[Zope] security question

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:45:01 -0500

Sam,

The index_html in the subfolder may be referencing DTML methods in the
root object through acquisition (e.g. standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer).... try a "dummy" index_html within the subfolder
that doesn't reference any other methods.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Gendler [mailto:sgendler@teknolojix.com]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 2:14 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] security question

I have a zope site that has anonymous access completely disabled in the
root directory.  If I create a folder underneath the root, and attempt
to give anonymous access to that folder, zope still gives me a login
dialog box when accessing that folder.  This occurs whether I have
'acquire permissions' on or off in the sub-folder.  Is this correct
behaviour or a bug, or am I overlooking something.

--sam