[Zope] Announce: Where's the zope? => new version SwiftGenerator

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:00:43 +1100

Jason Cunliffe Wrote:

>  Hello
>
>  I hope you do not consider this off-topic. This post is intended as food
>  for thought and not advocacy.
>
>  Zope is notable for its flexible handling of web object structures. But the
>  web (and especially the commercial web) is notable for its hunger for
>  graphics and multimedia.
>
>  One of the few systems even attempting to create a dynamic platform for
>  this is the combination of Macromedias 'Flash Generator'
>
>  http://www.macromedia.com/software/generator/
>  which is often combined with Allaire's ColdFusion...
>
>  So where does Zope fit in??
>
>  1. SERVER-SIDE MEULTIMEDIA
>  The intrepid Olivier Debon has posted his latest version of SwiftGenerator
>

>  http://www.swift-tools.com/
>
>  It is an obvious candidate tool for use with Zope. Unfortunately, like
>  Macromdedia's own Generator, SwiftGenerator does not generate vector
>  garphics from nothing. It is rather a programable editing tool for prepared
>  garghics and interactive vector graphics. Text can be generated and
>  atrributes and relationships likewise. Both 'Generators' need Macrodmedia
>  Flash as an authoring tool to prepare content. SwiftGenerator has a huge
>  price advantage.[free download]

<...snip swift-generator spec list...>

This is probably not quite what you're after, Jason, since you seem
to focus on generating original Flash graphics PIL style, but I am
using swift-generator with Zope to generate dynamic Flash movies. I
start with a Flash template, and use DTML to create the dynamic
content and a python product calling swift-generator to build the
Flash movie. In fact, Zope should be included on swift-generator's
success stories list, as Olivier knows about my site.

Itai
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --