[Zope] Logout question

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:45:15 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel G. Rusch <drusch@globalcrossing.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 11:29 AM
Subject: [Zope] Logout question

> I went to the Zope site at http://www.zope.org/logout.html/view_source
> and this is the source that the Zope site uses to log members out:
>
> <!--#call "REQUEST['RESPONSE'].expireCookie('__ac', path='/')"-->
> <!--#call "REQUEST['RESPONSE'].redirect('logged_out')"-->
>
> When I execute the same source on my site, I don't get any errors and
> the user is redirected to the the logged_out page, but they are not
> "de-authenticated". In other words, unlike the Zope site, they can hit
> the back button and continue on their merry way.

Zope.org does not use the standard UserFolder. It uses a portion of the
not-yet-released Portal Toolkit. If you look through the mail list archives,
you will find some logout solutions, but they are not quite as clean and
nice as the above.

Note: if you use UserDB instead of the UserFolder for authentication, you
can use cookies instead of Basic authentication... which means that you can
make a logout function such as the one above.

Kevin