[Zope] ODBC - 1 step forward - woops I tripped

rgines@purina.com rgines@purina.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:19:30 -0600

>I tested this exact syntax on my system and it worked perfectly.  I'm
running
>Zope 2.01 on Windows95.  My database is SQLAnywhere version 5.  I am
running a
>4-user server database engine.  The query returned the column requested by
my
>select statement.

That's good to know.  Thenks for checking my syntax.

>Forgive me for asking, but did you create a ZSQL method in addition to the
>connection?  The "ZopeODBCTest" in your example must be the ZSQL method,
not the
>ZODBC Connection. The method contains your select statement.

Well that was stupid used trip number one.   For some reason I was thinking
that I needed
to go directly to the connection.  When I pointed to the ZSQL Method the
'__len__' error
disappeared but I am back to the error

Error Type: sql.error
           Error Value: ('S1000', -1032, "[Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] The
Microsoft Jet
           database engine cannot open the file 'ZopeTest.txt'. It is
already opened exclusively
           by another user, or you need permission to view its data.")

It is possible that the MS ODBC code is buggy .... naw I'm sure that could
never be the
problem ... must be me.

I had hoped that trying to 'learn' the ODBC issues in Zope/Python would be
simplest with
a txt file.   I may just jump in feet first and try to connect to the DB2
databases anyway.

Thanks for setting me straight on where to point my Method.