[Zope] Zope setup with firewall

Nemeth Miklos nemeth@iqsoft.hu
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:08:39 +0100

I'd like to have the following architecture:

AnyBrowser+SSL <-HTTP-> Apache+SSL+pcgi <--> firewall <--> Zope+Fnorb
<-IIOP-> SQLBroker+ORBacus <-SQL*Net-> CorporateDatabase(Oracle7)

The users access Zope from the Internet via an Apache+SSL server.
For security reasons my network administrator (responsible for security)
does not want to allow any Zope management activity initiated from the
Internet.
However I do want to manage Zope from the internal network while web
clients are using my Zope application at the same time.
(1) How can I access my Zope from the internal network? Can anyone
suggests me a solution to my problem?

A less important problem is that my network administrator also wishes a
secured communication between the Apache+SSL server and Zope (over the
firewall). This communication is the task of pcgi.
(2) Is there any solution to do this?

FYI: SQLBroker is an ORBacus CORBA server written in C++ providing
centralized connection pooling and transaction management for any kind
of clients of the corporate database. SQLBroker is written by me using
Oracle7 OCI. Fnorb is an excellent (Python) CORBA ORB working perfectly
with ORBacus (C++ and Java), which is also an excellent CORBA ORB
implementation.

All comments are highly appreciated.

NM