[Zope] Mailing list to web archive?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:41:48 -0500 (EST)

    DJ> But it doesn't intergrate well with Zope and its about time it
    DJ> did.

Absolutely.  There's been a lot of thoughts in this direction, but so
far no code.  I encourage anybody interested in looking into Zopifying
Mailman to join the mailman-developers list

    DJ> Ontop of this the html based storage of achives is very
    DJ> inflexible, un searchable and ugly.

Yep.  Pipermail has the advantage that it's all Python and comes
bundled with Mailman, but it is not industrial strength.  Nobody seems
that fired up to improve Pipermail though, so I don't know that this
will improve.  On the other hand, it shouldn't be hard to integrate
your favorite external archiver.  On the third hand, I don't think any
of the popular archivers provide searching either.  I've run outta
hands...

-Barry