[Zope] ZOracleDA - python - dumps core [Q]

Bruno Mattarollo bruno@gaiasur.com.ar
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:05:15 -0300

Hello...

    Yes, I know, too many posts by me made in so little time ... :-)

    I compiled DCOracle that came in the ZOracleDA 2.1.0 to use it in our
dev workstation (UltraSparc running Solaris 7, zope 2.0.1 and Oracle8i). I
needed to do some tweaking into the Setup file to get it to work. But
finally it compiled and worked nicely... I am using Apache 1.3.9 and PCGI
<---> Zope 2.0.1 ...

    But I am noticing a strange behavior. From time to time (several times a
day -aprox 10 to 15), randomly -or at least I couldn't see a pattern- I get
a "Resource Unavailable" and clicking anywhere else works. And I get a core
file in the Zope root directory. Doing a file core I get the following.

core:           ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from 'python'

    I don't know how to check what happened, but it happens anywhere in the
site. Sometimes just browsing it, sometimes saving a method, sometimes when
saving a ZSQL method, well, no pattern at all.

    Does anyone is using Zope on a similar environment? Noticied something
similar?

    BTW I sended to Christopher Petrilli (of Digicool) a copy of the Setup
file I used to compile the DCOracle.

    Thanks in advance.

/B

--
Bruno Mattarollo      bruno@GaiaSur.com.ar
Proud to be a PSA member! http://starship.python.net/crew/bmatt/

"Football is the working class ballet." - Alf Garnett