[Zope] fastcgi and ISP's -- alternatives?

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:26:06 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Jim Fulton wrote:

> Jason Jones wrote:
> >
> > According to the Zope fastcgi package, it sounds like Zope will only run
> > under a mod_fastcgi snapshot later than 2.2.2. Is this correct?
>
> It should be easier with 2.2.2. It should work with earlier versions,
> but you'll have to use mod_rewrite to pass authentication data or let
> apache do authentication.

2.2.3 which is still in development last time I checked adds the
ability to pass the Authentication header directly to Zope. You need this
because standard rewrite tricks won't work with mod_fastcgi.