[Zope] ZODB or ZODBC?

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:03:13 -0500

> what is less difficult to work (ZODB or ZODBC)?

I think it's less a question of difficulty than propriety.  It's no
harder to work with a screwdriver than a hammer but I wouldn't want to
pound nails with my screwdriver!  :^)

> i am new to zope and i am working on a school work, that i am
> trying to make! 8-) i am trying to make a bank site like (called
internet bank), where the
> bank's client need to login with a valid username/password.

Zope has a long (and growing) list of possible ways to authenticate
users (e.g., organic UserFolder, UserDB, GenericUserFolder,
LDAPUSerFolder, NTUSerFolder, and I believe there is an NDSUserFolder!).

> to consult your accounts. my site need to read an ASCII file, that is
> exported from other program that i make, has u ideia on how to make
this? or if is this
> possible?

Reading and parsing an ASCII file is likely best accomplished using an
External Method (written in the Python langauge).  I'd check our the
Zope docs and focus on those sections.

Good luck!

--Rob