[Zope] fastcgi and ISP's -- alternatives?

Jason Jones jason.jones@awl.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:28:12 +0800

on 11/19/99 3:06 PM, Harry at mail-zope@fizbin.com wrote:

> on 11/18/1999 4:26 PM, Scott Robertson at sroberts@codeit.com wrote:
>
>> 2.2.3 which is still in development last time I checked adds the
>> ability to pass the Authentication header directly to Zope. You need this
>> because standard rewrite tricks won't work with mod_fastcgi.
>
> So, are you saying that using fastCGI 2.2.2 won't work at all, because it
> won't accept passing of authentication via RewriteRule?

That does seem to be what he is saying. I'm glad he said it too, I almost
purchased an account with an ISP that runs 2.2.2 based on Jim's message that
it would work. I talked to them... no chance of installing an updated
snapshot, so that's out - back to pcgi I guess.

Jason