[Zope] At a loss

Harry mail-zope@fizbin.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:52:53 -0800

on 11/19/1999 9:25 AM, Clayton Miller at cmiller@bsat.com wrote:

> I was very interested in using the SQLSession object from the contribution
> download area. After downloading and untaring into the
> Zope directory (I am using RedHat so that is /usr/share/zope), all seem to
> go well. However, I did not find any instructions for
> getting the Zope Product to appear in my Zope Control Panel list.

Well, if you're on RedHat, be sure to use the RPMs provided by Jeff Rush.
These install your stuff in /usr/share/zope.

When you get products as tars, place them in that directory, and untaring
them should automatically place them in the right location -
/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/ProductName

After that, you need to shutdown and restart zope for them to show.

Worked for me.

Harry