[Zope] Calendar product

rgines@purina.com rgines@purina.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:01:39 -0600

>> I found on the Zope-announce list the following reference to a product
>> called beeCal http://www.zope.de/software/beeCal/index_eng_html

>Yep, it's the BeeHive product I noticed a while back - and back then, as
>well as now, while the code is available, as well as documnetation
>(surprising) the site doesn't seem to be using its own product, or have a
>demo to see how it works.

I looked at the BeeHive product and it didn't doo at all what I expected or
was looking for.

>Seriously, don't the people who write these Products actually use them, or
>want people to see how they work?

I have been able to get the Calendar product that you are talking about to
display a calendar, move back and forth between dates and be able to
put text within all of the day blocks.

What I have not been able to do is customize the calendar entries based on
the specific blocks date or been able to create a usable link listed within
the blocks.   It looks like the valid methods are there, but I can not get
any valid responses from them.

I have tried to look at the code, but I am enough of a newbie with
python/Zope that it has taken me more time than I can spend (if
clients would only pay you to play!!!!!).   if you find out anything
more than I have, please share it with the rest of us.