[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] User authentication using UserDB

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:42:37 +1100

>>> Stephan Richter wrote
> But now how can I use this login and the Zope security features to actually
> shut off sections of my site. Basically I want to make certain directories
> only available to the logged in user. Note: I also created a new role. All
> users that are authenticated and have this role can see a certain directory.
> Is it right that I have to use the "Security" tab? What do I have to do?

Yep - you should go to the security tab for the folder(s) that are
accessible only to auth'd users, and for each of 'view', 'access contents'
and whatever else you want to shutoff:
  uncheck the 'acquire permission settings' box
  make sure 'anonymous' doesn't have the box checked
  check the box for your new role

Anthony