[Zope] Converting To Linux From Windows?

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@taupro.com
Sun, 21 Nov 99 23:41:54 -0500

It is not possible to accurately move a Zope site from one host to
another using only FTP.  Zope's FTP interface does not convey
all properties/metadata of objects.  It will pick up the bulk text
content of DTML Documents and put them onto the new site,
but little else.

FTP -is- a pretty good way to migrate a non-Zope site, where
the files come across as DTML Documents, and then you can
edit/embellish them with Zopeisms.  But then, if you have access
to the files of the old site, the best way is load_site.py.

It would seem the absolute best way, would be via some kind
of WebDAV-based mirroring tool, about which I've heard no
mention.  I know little about WebDAV but it would seem to
most accurately convey Zope's metadata btw sites.  Has
anyone started working on this?

Jeff Rush <jrush@taupro.com>    Tau Productions Inc.
Linux/Python/Zope Consultant    http://www.taupro.com