[Zope] Converting To Linux From Windows?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:32:15 +0100

At 21:32 21-11-99 , Hannu Krosing wrote:
>TMGB wrote:
> >
> > I would appreciate being copied on any responses directly sent to the
> > original poster.  I am in a similar situation where I will be switching
> > my 75mhz NT backup server to a dual 450mhz Dell Linux box.
> >

>I guess the usual Export, copy-export-file-to-import-dir, Import should
>work fine

The var/Data.fs file is not platform specific. Just copy it over to any
other Zope install (overwriting the old file), and your whole ODB is moved
over.

You will however, need to watch that you have all the Products that you
used in that ODB on the one machine, available on the other one as well.

I have moved several projects out of development into production this way,
usually from one platform to another. This includes a demo copy of a site
onto a Win98 laptop. It was developed on SGI, runs now on RedHat Linux.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer