[Zope] ZCatalog: Non english text

technews@egsx.com technews@egsx.com
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:59:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I used ZCatalog to index an object I created, which contains a site_index,
and site_description properties.  These properties were indexed and are
searchable hence when I do the following search in DHTML

<dtml-in "Catalog.searchResults(site_title='computer')">
    <dtml-var site_title></a><br>
    <dtml-var site_description>    <p>
</dtml-in>

I do get the correct results.  However when I enter a non-english word,
which is indexed as well, I do not get anything else.  I did hear that
someone tries using ZCatalog with chinease and were unscussesful, has
there been any changes??

Also what are the chances that ZCatalog can allow us to include a function
to be used when indexing and searching of the objects, so we can apply any
word tranformation such as suffix removal i.e. computing, computers,
computer, computed, can be indexed as comput if I choose to.  What I mean
is that we specify a method (possibly external) that will do what is
needed and the resulting word can be indexed by ZCatalog, and the same
method is called to transform the input word usinf the same method when
searching that catalog.

Sorry for the long email :)

Adonis