[Zope] Beginners

cesare@planningsrl.it cesare@planningsrl.it
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:47:57 GMT

Hi All!

I am just a Zope beginners and I am studing it to make sure it is a good
choice to develop an internet application I have been required. This
application has quite a lot of data (the biggest table is about 100.000
records) with a lot of people quering it.

From the experts I would like some information:

-Is Zope the right tool to develop this kind of application?
-Is Zope not to much young to develop this kind of application?
-Is it really stable?
-Which database server is better to use? (Interbase, Oracle, MS SQL)
-Which SO is better to use? (Linux, NT)
-Which HTTP server is better to use? (Apache, ZServer, IIS)
-Do you have general considerations to make to me?

I know these questions are general but I need them to make me taking the
right way!

Thank you in advanced,

Cesare

Cesare Raoss