[Zope] WebDav & MS Word problem - CANNOT SAVE

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:36:47 +0200

Petri Savolainen wrote:

> Any idea why saving on Zope (as WebFolder) does not work from MS Word 2000?

Could you be more specific about _how_ it fails ?

> When zope is asking for passwrd, I log in as the Zope superuser, so the prob
> is not there.
>
> I've got Zope working fine as a WebDav server, when moving files via NT
> Explorer. But trying to work straight from MS Word is read-only.
>
> It seems the files are always opened read-only from Word when they are
> stored on (Zope) WebDav server. The file props don't say it's readonly
> though (regular NT fileprops).
>
> Another MS quirk? "WebDav support", but not from Office? Or with servers
> other than IIS? Let me be wrong...

It _may_ be due to the "case insensitive" nature of MS products in general -
i.e. they tend to change the case of filenames half-way and are then unable to
continue working ;(

---------
Hannu