[Zope] Creating permissions..

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:14:49 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Joonas Rapila wrote:
> >I have a question about creating new "Permissions" in the security
> >section of an object, is it possible and if it is, then how? i.ex:

   If you need to create permissions for standard objects - you need to
understand the entire Zope sources and modify it.
   But new Zope components (products) can easily define its own
permissions. Look into Boring product for examples.

   I created two demo products based on Boring, you can gram sources here:
http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Zope/
   Look demo here: http://sun.med.ru/Zope/Random; there is even Read-Only
ADmin login, so you can see most aspects in action. My products define
Permissions for viewing and editing; I allowed viewing for all, but editing
only for Managers.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru