[Zope] odbc database adapter ... problem with "like"

Thomas Weiner weiner@tu-harburg.de
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:59:02 +0100

Phil Harris schrieb:

> Looks to me as if you are misquoting the sql actually used.  see below

[...]
> |>Use % instead of the asterisk:
> |>where NAME like 'Pate%'
>
> MS Access in it's infinite wisdom decided to go against the convention of
> using '%' as a wildcard and decided to use '*', so the SQL is correct for
> Access.

You are of course right concerning Access' use of wildcards. But in
ZSQL-Methods only the '%' gives me the expected results - the '*' as
wildcard will be ignored. I use Access 97 as database and ODBC 4.00.

regards,
thomas