[Zope] User access / acl_users

Alexander Limi alexander@limi.net
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:53:49 +0100

Hi.

In the neverending series of questions from me, I give you another:

Is both the userdb and GenericUserFolder compatible with the original
acl_users? I.e, can I develop my site with the basic acl_users
functionality, and add one of the two products later on? Or should I start
using one of those products right away?

I need cookie authentication, but I don't think I understand enough Zope
yet to see the big picture, security-wise. And the documentation for
GenericUserFolder isn't exactly stunning (not from the newbie spot atleast,
no offence :)

I would like to concentrate on the main functionality of my site, and add
this functionality when my zope zen is a bit better. I'm not doing a
horrible mistake thinking that way?

Regards,

Alexander Limi