[Zope] Sybase DA + FreeBSD + TDS

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:05:26 +1000 (EST)

Ok I said I was going to get it to work, and damnit I did (well missing
some non-crucial functionality like ct_diag() ), but, don't get excited
yet because there is some bad news...

You have to do some serious munging of the freetds codebase including
copying over all the Sybase include files from the sybase distribution,
as well as commenting out a lot of stuff from the SybaseAdapter (the Linux
Sybase libraries I had didn't seem to be as up to date as the ones the
Adapter was linked against).

Because I actually had to use the Sybase files and alter them a bit, I
don't think I'm going to be able to put up any code to help anyone out :-(
I was really really hoping it might compile almost out of the box and I wouldn't
have to compromise myself by looking at the Sybase files.

It only took a few hours of hacking to pull the FreeTDS library into
shape and about 30 mins to clean up the Sybase Adapter enough to get it to
compile...

So if you were wondering if it is possible, I can tell you that it is, but,
with some non-trivial effort.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |