[Zope] raise from external method and rollback trans [Q]

Bruno Mattarollo brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:11:39 -0300

Hello,

    I am developing an External Method that checks for several parameters to
be passed and does a lot of insert/updates in an Oracle database... I have
several "checkpoints" and when one fails I want to be able to do a raise and
rollback all the open (uncommited) transactions, since the DCOracle is a
Level 3 adapter, there is no problem, because the transaction mechanism from
Zope is integrated. But know here comes my question: how do I rollback a
transaction without doing a raise? I need to do this to server diferent
error pages when an error ocurrs... I mean, I have to present for example a
form with all the fields the user filled in, or if there was another error,
present another form. I do not want to use the standard_html_error ...

    TIA

/B

Bruno Mattarollo <brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar>
--- Python Powered <http://www.python.org/psa/>