[Zope] Zope-Apache Virtualhosting problem

Roché Compaan roche@up-front.co.za
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:49:33 +0200

I'm trying to set up Apache and Zope with virtual hosts and I'm struggling a
bit with the final hurdle.  I've only tried to deliver Zope pages on the one
virtual hosts.  My entry in my apache virtual host looks like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteCond ^/Zope(*.) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

When I open my browser at http://www.mydomain.com/Zope Zope does prompt me
for a username and password.  But it does not except my username and
password (the one displayed after you ran the zope install script).  I even
tried to change the password with python zpasswd.py script.  I still get the
following error:

Zope Error

Unauthorized

You are not authorized to access this resource.
Username and password are not correct.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 151, in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 442, in
traverse
  File /usr/local/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 549, in
unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

Greetings
Roché Compaan