[Zope] Zope-Apache Virtualhosting problem

Roché Compaan roche@up-front.co.za
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 20:22:21 +0200

Well my Saturday was a arm-wrestle with Linux.  I upgraded to RH 6.  After
about 6hrs of Squiding, Imaping, Apache-ing, & the tough? one virtual
hosting, i tackled Zope. 2 minutes later i got Zope up and running.  I am
still ecstatic! I think that the apache on RH 5.1 and earlier distributions
does not have mod_rewrite compiled in.  So if somebody wants to get Zope
working with Apache, especially with virtualhosts on earlier apache
distributions: Make sure mod_rewrite is compiled in!  And please not that a
virtual host configuration of your earlier httpd.conf does not neccesarily
work with Apache 1.3 and above - do read the virtual host documentation on
the apache site if you plan this upgrade.

> I've worked with both and I don't think RH 5.1 has mod_rewrite
> compiled in but I'm not sure. There are good instructions on
> www.apache.org on getting and recompiling the latest version of
> apache which you should do for any public server as it addresses
> some security items in earlier versions.
apache.org definitely came in handy today.