[Zope] Render DTML Document title inside another DTML Document in parent folder

Ping Lau pinglau@tm.net.my
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 10:28:46 -0500

Ethan,

>Please use plain text when writing to the list. thanks.

Sorry.

>> Ping Lau wrote:
>> FolderA
>>   Doc1
>>   FolderB
>>     FolderC
>>       Doc2
>> In Doc1, I want to display Doc2's title.  I tried <dtml-var title>.
>> But it rendered Doc1's title instead of Doc2's title.  How can I
>> render Doc2's title?
>
>Make Doc1 a method and not a Document.

I can't make Doc1 a method because Doc1 needs a few properties to support
rendering its content.  What I am trying to do is putting the common
properties & methods in Doc1.  Then call Doc1 from any DTML Document from
any sub folders of FolderA.  Doc1 will use its own properties to render
common results & use caller's properties to render unique
results.  Have you or anyone done this before?

Regards,
Ping