[Zope] HELP: problem installing Zope 2.01 on RH6 alpha

Gilles lavaux Gilles lavaux" <gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:22:17 +0200

Hello,

I have problems installing Zope2 on Red-Hat 6.0 Alpha:
  -red-hat come with python1.5.10, so I have compiled python
1.5.2 --with-thread, it's looking ok.
  -during the Zope installation: python w_pcgi, the script try to copy a
Makefile.pre.in file from the /usr/lib/python1.5/config directory.

The problem is that there is no config directory in my python
installation(it's the same pb as for Sven Kirmess, 23/aug/1999).
I have installed python 1.5.2  normaly, so what is wrong?? ( I took python
source from www.python.org site )

NB:I have 2 Makefile.pre.in in my python source directorys: 1 in ./Misc and
1 in ./Modules . I try to copy both in the /usr/lib/python1.5/config dir .
But the
zope bukding script still fail.

Thanks for any help.

Gilles Lavaux