[Zope] Zcatalog confusion

kedai kdie@kedai.com.my
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:30:06 +0800

> No, it probably has to do that by default, CatalogAware objects try and
> catalog themselves in a ZCatalog with id 'Catalog'. You will have to change
> the default_catalog attribute of your ZClass when creating them, by calling
> manage_editCataloger:
>
>    manage_editCataloger('newscatalog')

i got a similar setup, and lo and behold, object are not updated when added automatically.  only using the find interface can the object be updated.

can i use the above solution also?  tried putting it in my zclass _add form (<dtml-call "propertysheets.Article.manage_editCataloger('newsCatalog')"> ), but got an error.  also put in <dtml-call reindex_object>.  note:however, the catalog at the root dir got updated, but i can't get some meta_type that i wanted that i can get in the catalog instance in my zclass folder.

tia.