[Zope] How to control user access ??

Joshi, Sunit sjoshi@ingr.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:34:15 -0500

Hello All
	Thanks to everyone for replying to my earlier ZSQL method question.
After n 	number of tries, I switched to using a ZSearch Interface as
suggested by Patrick 	Theodore (thanks for that) and that worked fine.

	My next question is, how do I control security as far as people
pointing their
	browsers to the site. Do I have to create each user in the acl_users
group
	and specify their name/domain...??. And also I would like to display
the records
	with a href to an edit/no edit link depending on who comes in.

	for e.g.: the records should be displayed like(the site is
http://localhost:8080/MyAccessFolder)

	Name	Title	Dept	Rating	Change
	Sunit SP    PROD   4           Edit
	Derek	PC    SHIP   3           NoEdit

	So if I point to the above site and chose the option to display the
above records
	I want to be able to click on the Edit (href link) and then be able
to change
	my entries and update the record, since I would have the
permissions.
	Similarly if Derek comes in he will be able to click on NoEdit but
it will just
	tell him he doesn't have rights to do it.
	We are all in, let's say PDS domain, i.e.. that's what we login as
when we power
	up our PCs.

thanks again
Sunit