[Zope] Trying to add an instance of an object. Still no luck

Dave Walker lockjaw@cybernet2k.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:02:38 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BF0FEA.4EF4E760

I'm still trying to add an instance of my "QuoteClass" object.  Very simple.
quotetext and person are the two fields.  I can add a quote through the
management interface, and I can randomly pull quotes from the database and
display them.  No problem.

Of course, the problem I'm having is adding the instances programatically,
through DTML.

I've separated the stuff out a bit, and have discovered that
<dtml-with "manage_addProduct['QuoteProduct']">
is probably what is causing the error.  I'm getting an error of:

Error Type: AttributeError
         Error Value: _u

and the following traceback

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 214,
in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 165,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: addquote)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 102,
in call_object
    (Object: addquote)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 145, in
__call__
    (Object: addquote)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py,
line 502, in __call__
    (Object: addquote)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_With.py, line
148, in render
    (Object: PARENTS[-1])
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_With.py, line
148, in render
    (Object: quotes)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_With.py, line
148, in render
    (Object: manage_addProduct['QuoteProduct'])
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line
321, in eval
    (Object: QuoteClass_add(_.None, _, NoRedir=1))
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 141, in
__call__
    (Object: QuoteClass_add)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py,
line 502, in __call__
    (Object: QuoteClass_add)
  File C:\Program Files\tarheel\lib\python\App\FactoryDispatcher.py, line
126, in DestinationURL
AttributeError: (see above)

If anybody can help me figure out what the H is going wrong, I'd appreciate
it.  I'm building this site in spare time while I run my bookstore, and my
wife hogs the currently connected box selling books online, so I do most of
my work on an unconnected Linux box in VGA mode.  My week's worth of 10
minutes at a time studying of Zope hasn't solved my problem.  I need help.

Dave Allen Walker
The Book Exchange Warehouse
Sanford, NC
paperbacks.homepage.com

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BF0FEA.4EF4E760
	filename="Dave Walker.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Walker;Dave;;
FN:Dave Walker
ORG:Libertarian Party of North Carolina;
TITLE:Press Secretary
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(919) 498-1494
ADR;WORK:;;2815 Montclair Cir;Sanford;NC;27330;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:2815 Montclair =
Cir=3D0D=3D0ASanford, NC 27330=3D0D=3D0AUnited States of America
URL:http://www.alltel.net/~lockjaw
BDAY:19680505
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:lockjaw@alltel.net
REV:19981103T042854Z