[Zope] PLUG zope talk: postscript

Chris McDonough chris@iqgroup.com
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 04:16:02 -0400

I hope no one minds this sort of announcement being on this list (I know
about zope-announce, but I don't know its intended audience).  Apologies if
it is misplaced.

Last night the Philadelphia Linux Users Group sponsored a introductory talk
on Zope (which I gave).  There were about 30 attendees, and the talk was
fairly well-received.

I'm left shaking my head that such a fine piece of software goes so unsung,
even within the sympathetic audience of a Linux user's group.  Virtually no
one at this meeting had even the smallest clue of what Zope was all about
before the talk.  We need to work on this marketing thing a little.  Well,
actually, a lot.

Slides from the talk are available at http://sharon.iqgroup.com.  Feel free
to use them for any purpose whatsoever.

And after working with MS Site Server all day, I have one thing to say:

GO ZOPE!!!!!!