[Zope] xmlrpc and zope- newbie Q

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:48:26 -0400

You can call Zope methods with XML-RPC just like you can 'call' them
over the web.  For example, in python:

[michel@korak python]$ python1.5.2
Python 1.5.2 (#1, Jul  5 1999, 14:47:37)  [GCC egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs- on linux2
Py$ import xmlrpclib
Py$ x = xmlrpclib.Server('http://www.zope.org/')
Py$ x.SiteIndex.news_rss()
'<lots of XML content...>'
Py$

In this example, http://www.zope.org/ is being used as an XML-RPC
server.  The method SiteIndex.news_rss() coresponds to the URL
http://www.zope.org/SiteIndex/news_rss

-Michel