[Zope] zope and processes

Phil Harris phil@philh.org
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:48:10 +0100

You can specify how many threads zope runs with when you start it,

try looking at the start shell script and change it to be something like :

reldir=`dirname $0`
PYTHONHOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`
export PYTHONHOME
exec /usr/bin/python \
     $PYTHONHOME/z2.py \
     -p /usr/local/Zope2/Zope.cgi \
     -t 64

The important one for you is the -t 64 which is the number of threads zope
will run with.

I'm sort of lucky in that I can run with 64 threads, but you probably want
soemthing like -t 4 or even lower.

HTH

Phil
phil@philh.org

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Lord-Data
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 4:37 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] zope and processes

hi, i have installed zope on a machine i have accessto as a non root user,
and started up teh zserver. no problems so far, using 2 processes (pid's)
however, when i conect to the web site from my (any) browser, the page is
working fine, but a ps ux reveales zope now has 6 or 7 pid's running.. this
has been seen as high as 16 so far.. its almost as though its spawning the
thread to deal with the conection, then not closing it afterwards .. the
system i belive is running redhat 6 .. my problem here is my account is
limited to 4 processes .. and automated killing is shutting my page down
very quickly.  I would liek to know if anyone has had this problem? or know
of somethign that might be causing this machine to do this? email me
please, data@ihug.com.au or contact me via icq (514055) .. i need an answer
to this rather quickly.. as my page cant really afford much downtime..
thanks for any help you can provide..

michael
The Wolf's Lair -( New URL: www.vcdpark.nu )-
-=- New Email: fuhrer@vcdpark.nu -=-