[Zope] Generating unique keys

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 01:54:34 -0600

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:

> I need to generate unique ID's for objects I'll be creating from DTML. This
> of course needs to be thread safe. Although I can't do this out of the box
> from within DTML (that I know of), I could get thread safety using an
> external method, or a persistant object written in Python, and using locks
> provided by the Python thread module. I think a persistant object (lets call
> it ZSequence) would be best.

Have you seen my How-To on generating Unique ids?
It may not be _exactly_ what you are looking for, but it will provide a
decent starting place.

The How-To is in the Zope Site's How-to list located at:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl