[Zope] Authentication

Phil Harris phil@philh.org
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:51:25 +0100

kedai,

To my understanding, once a user is authenticated the AUTHENTICATED_USER
object is available everywhere the user goes.

I hope I'm right as my new site depends on it, ;¬)

Phil
phil@philh.org

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of kedai
Sent: 09 October 1999 02:35
To: Phil Harris
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Authentication

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 10:44:15AM +0100, Phil Harris wrote:
> Sture,
>
> Have a look at http://d031.ml.uwcm.ac.uk/z/zGold.
>
> It's something I made as a demo for a conference I attended.
>
> There is a downloadable version that you can use to see how I did what I
> did.
>
> HTH
>
> Phil
> phil@philh.org
hi phil,
i downloaded zGold and experimented/dig into the zope mine ( well, it is to
me).

however, i can't decide how i can bring the authenticated_name along
everywhere i go.  tried setting a cookie, but can't decide how to pass the
cookie as the AUTHENTICATED_USER.name across other path; ie when accessing
other folders not in the zGold folders.

pointers?  docs?  thanks

For developer-specific issues, zope-dev@zope.org -