[Zope] <dtml-with> Question

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:30:18 -0400

Sascha Matzke wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 02:16:12PM -0400, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> > It sounds like you're basically trying to do a namespace lookup.
> >
> > <dtml-with "_[objA]">
> > should do what you want.
>
> It doesn't...
>
> I have an variable named item with the value "Desk.Test.index_html".

Storing a string representation to an object is generally not as useful
as just storing a reference to it.  Your using a variable anyway, and I
can't think of any time where I've ever needed a string representaion of
an objects 'relative' path in Python (which doesn't really exist as a
concept, someone can prove me wrong).  This is why you are running into
dificulty, you are try to dereference a 'string', for which no such
standard facility exists.

Why don't you just make objA the actual object?

<dtml-with objA>
  Voila
</dtml-with>

-Michel