[Zope] Calling zLOG.LOG from DTML?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:21:41 -0400

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:

> I'm working some ZClass constructors, and hoped to generate LOG messages
> at various points to help me debug various namespace issues. I was
> hopeing the following syntax would work:
>
> <dtml-call "_.zLOG.LOG('ZODB',100,'This is it!')">
>
> No dice though - I guess the zLOG module isn't imported in the necessary
> spots. Can anyone think of a simple way of getting this going, or do
> I need to write a product to implement a <dtml-log> tag?

I'm not sure that straight up importing the whole package into the _
namespace is a good idea.  Or at least I haven't thought about it nearly
enough to feel good about it.

You could do the tag, that's not a bad idea actually and would only take
an hour or two to write.  Maybe I'll take a stab at it if you don't want
to (but i'd prefer you did).

Proably easiest would be to just write an external method that imports
zLOG.

-Michel