[Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:04:55 -0400

> >We need a simple solution for people who donīt want to care
> about DTML
> >to publish their documents using Composer or similar WYSIWYG tools.

> The Zope.org site has a Formatted Document object that, I
> believe, DC is
> planning to release. It automatically includes the standard header and
> footer and allows the input of multiple formats (HTML,
> Structured Text). I
> don't know if it gets rid of redundant <html> and <body>
> tags. If it doesn't
> I bet some python string manipulation regulars around here
> could suggest the
> functions to use. (I would certainly think you could do it
> with regular
> expressions).
>
> Any comments from DC about the release of "Formatted Document"?
>
> Kevin

We have done some talking internally about whether some sort
of formatted document object should become a part of Zope and
some brainstorming on what it might look like, but there has
not been any final decision on that yet.

I need to follow up on my plan to maintain a Zope development
plan on Zope.org so that folks in the community can easily
see what is and isn't on our radar at any given time. Many of
us are pretty heavily loaded with consulting work at the moment,
so I haven't been able to get this going as quickly as I'd hoped.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909