[Zope] ANNOUNCEMENT: MySQLdb-0.1.1 released

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:56:42 -0400 (EDT)

MySQLdb-0.1.1 is a bugfix release for MySQLdb, a thread-friendly interface
to MySQL-3.22. Thanks to Stephen Gava and Mark Favas for pointing out a
few problems. cursor.fetchmany() now works (one I never used) and some of
the _mysql.conn methods probably would have dumped core if they were ever
used (MySQLdb doesn't use them, but they are there for completeness), and
didn't compile on some systems.

Thilo Mezger pointed out the patched ZMySQLDA didn't return numbers on
numeric columns; I had assumed that Zope did this conversion itself.
Adding the minimal type converter dictionary from MySQLdb to the connect()
call fixes this, and my understanding is that this means it is now really
working 100%.

As usual, it's available at http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman, and
will soon be on www.zope.org as well.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d