[Zope] ZMySQLDA error

Oleg Broytmann phd@sun.med.ru
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:09:32 +0400 (MSD)

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Slaets, Maarten wrote:
> hi oleg,
> i'm afraid not. I installed it on a Solaris 2.7. I will ask some solaris
> dude here on how to do the same as you described under solaris.

   I run linux systems, Sparc Solaris and FreeBSD, my primary Zope
installation is on Sun (sun.med.ru/Zope), so I think I can help. :)

   Yes, Solaris does not have /etc/ld.so.conf, it requires different
approach. I did with Postgres (I am using Postgres on Sun and PyGres and
ZPygres DA). When I compiled PyGreSQL I add -R linker switch - this is the
path where to find .so library. It is not recommended by some people, but I
think it is better than setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment.

   So you have two approaches to choose from. You may set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment for Zope (do it in start script) and restart Zope.
   Or you may recompiile ZMySQL DA and use -R option. -R path must point to
a directory where you have installed MySQL libraries:
   -R /usr/local/lib
And again, restart Zope after compilation.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/