[Zope] ZClass and ZCatalog

Kam Cheung zope@littlecircle.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:17:53 +0000

I created a ZClass which is inherited from CatalogAware & Object Manager,
it's structure is like this:

MyClass
    bodycopy_html
    index_html

    Propertysheets
        Basic
            ClassName

Now, if I find this object using a ZCatalog object, bodycopy_html will
become a separate object. This is not what I want, I want the content of
bodycopy_html to be indexed as part of a MyClass object. What I am doing now
is to hack it on the report, link the result to the MyClass object instead
of the bodycopy_html whenever data_record_id_'s parent is a MyClass object.
However, is there a better way of handling this? What a ZCatalog looks for
when it indexes an object? Does it call a specific method on that object?
Can I override it?

Kam