[zope] SOLVED: anonymous is blind

gtk gtk@well.com
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:11:03 +1000

Solution: add skip_unauthorized to EVERY dtml-in.

>> I can't view my Zope server without authenticating, despite [... lots]

> I had similar problems... my index_html DTML Method in the root folder ran
> another DTML Method, a sitemap built by the tree-tag. Changing the
> index_html to a DTML Document fixed it, anonymous users could view, but
the
> sitemap didn't work.

Okay, I finally managed to coerce it to working as a DTML Document by adding
skip_unauthorised to the dtml-in loops in my navbar. Cool.

As a DTML Method, though, I still have no control over the access.

Unrolling standard_html_header (the culprit) and standard_html_footer
doesn't help.
Unrolling the menubar (I should call it navbar) doesn't either.
Finally, unrolling the breadcrumbs doesn't help.
Adding skip_unauthorised to some more of the dtml-ins... aha! That worked.

Looks like I just wasn't being sufficiently thorough.

Regards,
Garth.

--
<gtk@well.com>