[Zope] Zope Schedule Task

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:37:31 +0200

At 14:50 12-10-99 , Kam Cheung wrote:
>Is there a way to schedule Zope to do perform some actions? For example, can
>I set Zope to export a folder every night at 10 pm? Of course, since a
>method in Zope can be called by a url, I can write a script to visit the
>method every night, but I would like to find out if it can be done inside
>Zope.

Not yet. For now you'll have to use a cron job in conjunction with for
example lib/python/ZPublisher/Client.py (check it out, it is very handy for
calling Zope URLs).

When I have time for it, I am working on a ZScheduler which will provide a
Zope objets for DTML code to be executed at specified times.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer