[Zope] Deleting objects from DTML

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:43:09 -0400

Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> Hello fellow Zopers,
>
> I tried to find an object reference manual, but had
> no success, so here is my question:
>
> Can anybody give me a hint how to delete/destroy/kill
> a Zope object from within a DTML method?  The background
> is that I try to have a link on a web page which
> deletes an object from the Zope DB when klicked.

The API method is:

     def manage_delObjects(self, ids=[], REQUEST=None):
        """Delete a subordinate object """

so you would call:

<dtml-call "manage_delObjects(['a', 'list', 'of', 'object', 'ids'])">

-Michel

PS This was at one time in the Zope online help system, but that had so
many more problems than benefits that we took it out.  There is a
project on the table right now to revive it.