[Zope] Upload to Filesystem

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:01:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

:Oliver Frommel wrote:
:>
:> Hello,
:>
:> I am currently in the process of deciding whether to use Zope or PHP for
:> a web based editing system. While browsing over the Zope email archive I saw
:> some announcements/request of a filesystem based upload system, but not really
:> any replies. What is a good way to upload Files via a web interface to the
:> Zope machine's (not necessarily accessible from Zope after upload) filesystem.
:> We want to serve Real Audio files from this box, too, but i don't think
:> storing hundreds of Real Audio Files in the object store is a good option
:> (and wouldn't work anyway, because the RA Server needs physical access to the
:> RA files). Any possible solutions?
:
:Just write an external method that writes the uploaded file to disk.
:Interfacing external (to the object DB) systems is one of the
:motivations behind external methods.  A method to do this would be so
:trivial you could probably sqeeze it into two lines.

i just wrote something like this if you need it contact me
(it works -- but beware i'm no python programmer)

peter.

peter sabaini, mailto: sabaini@niil.at