[Zope] hints for improving zope quick start

Jan-Oliver Wagner jwagner@usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:40:25 +0200

Hi,

here some comments on improving the quick start for Zope newbies.
It is what would have saved me time finding it in doc/INSTALL.txt.

- better not to have of-scrolling password  when issuing
    python w_pcgi.py. Martijn Pieters already promised to fix it.

- please hint at the fact the ./start by default will not return.
    You should also tell, that removing -D from ./start will switch
    of this [debugging mode].

- "python zpasswd.py -w auser access" will not ask for the missing
    password though specifying no arg it will start prompting.
    It would increase the tools usability to make it more adaptive, because .

Additionally:

zpasswd.py: I really can't remember the last time I *saw* the password I
typed in. Shouldn't this be changed?

-Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner			http://www.usf.uos.de/~jwagner/