[Zope] Permission Question

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:19:16 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Dan Rusch wrote:

> In level2 I have an acl_users folder which I have defined a user "joe"
>
> joe doesn't seem to be able to login in (he logins in at
> http://www.somedomain.com/level1/level2)
>
> joe sees a login screen, therefore we know he has the correct url, but
> when he types in his User Name and Password he gets an Authorization
> Failed Screen.
>
> If I define joe in the root's acl_users folder then he can log in.

Have you tightened security on your root and level1 folders?

If DTML documents in level2 are trying to access objects from higher
in the tree, those documents will need to be accessible to an Anonymous
browser (I think - my security model will be simpler). The containers
they are in might also require certain permissions, but most likely
you just have to give view rights to standard_header_document etc.

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
 //__     Computer Science, RMIT 	 WWW: http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~zen