[Zope] The name ZOPE (was RE: [Zope] Linux.com community ad)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:10:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Michael Hirsch wrote:

> one thing we had to overcome was distrust of the name.  Somehow

In 2-3 years Zope will sound as natural as Apple or Xerox (unless you
speak the Cypriot dialect in which case it will always mean lame!) Until
that time whenever I am trying to promote Zope to some corporate circles I
use DC's Distributed Enterprise Object Platform and from there on I refer
to it as Zope. Usually nobody notices (or cares) that Zope is not DEOP but
the association (and pronunciation) is close enough to keep everybody
happy. And judging from the nonsense I heard during one such visit, next
time I am tempted to introduce Zope as 'Centralised Highly Redundant
Transactional Object Manager, in short Zope'

Pavlos